HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:54:09 +0100
Greetings fellow members of the -L,

Environment: MPE/iX 6.5 + MPEX (w/out Security and VEAudit)

I have been asked to add an additional check to our system-wide logon script
to limit the number of sessions from a single IP Address. The method that I
have worked out to do this is as follows:

1) Use JSINFO to get the logging on users IP Address.
2) Set logon_count to zero
3) Do a 'showjob job=@S' to a temporary file.
4) Read a record from the temporary file.
5) Use JSINFO to get IP Address.
6) If IP Address from (1) equals IP Address from (5) then add 1 to
logon_count.
7) If logon_count > logon_limit then display message and do a :BYE.
8) If not end-of-file on temporary file the go to (4).
9) Continue with logon processing.

Does anybody have a better way than this?

regards,

Robert W.Mills
Systems Development Manager
Windsong Services