HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:42:50 -0500
So, I went peeking at the MS knowledge base.  I typed in "Content.ie5".  9
articles came up.  In several of them, it is indeed pointed out this is a
system folder and it gets recreated when the system comes up if you purge it
(Q273010).  Also, the index.dat file is indeed the index file for all the
files.  If you purge it, it will be rebuilt on startup.  There is even an
article describing why and how to purge this file (Q293402).  For the
Windows XPP users, I draw your attention to Q315246.

<snip>
* Temporary Internet Files - The Temporary Internet Files folder contains
Web pages that are stored on your hard disk for quick viewing. Disk Cleanup
removes these page but leaves your personalized settings for Web pages
intact. This option also includes a View Files button, which opens the
C:\Documents and Settings\ Username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5 folder.
<snip>

Good luck.

Denys...