HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:02:32 EDT
Derek wrote on Friday:

> The HP staff is now down to only myself.  The others have left or been let
>  go.  Heaven forbid I have a car crash or something as the staff that are no
>  longer here don't have the warmest feelings towards the company.
>
>  So our solution here is to outsource everything from the HP, drop the
>  history as we go and tomorrow will never come!

Over the weekend we've created a third solution, one that was surprisingly
easy for us to create simply because (i) we already have all of the necessary
equipment on hand and (ii) because we have no intention of moving off the
HP3000.

We call the process History Services. For more information, please see:

     http://aics-research.com/historyservices.html

Although the web page above describes only storing and retrieving your data,
we are not indisposed to increasing the service level to that of essentially
a time-sharing service, where your application(s) also reside on one of our
servers. Licensing agreements with your applications vendors will have to be
worked out, of course, but that should present no real obstacle.

If you're interested, prices for the service are given on the web page.
Pricing for very large databases (many tens of gigabytes) are negotiable.
With the rise of the internet, our services are available world-wide.

Wirt Atmar