HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Eric Sand - STL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Sand - STL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:01:32 -0500
<After Wayne>

    It is important that the JetDirect device be set up for "ASCII" data
transfer. Please refer to
http://raven.utc.edu/cgi-bin/WA.EXE?A2=ind9907C&L=hp3000-l&P=R11359 for
further information. This should allow you to print a test page from the
JetDirect device. I have found that in ASCII mode that the print of the test
page may not happen for 90 seconds or longer using an HP JetDirect EX Plus.
Hope this helps...

        Eric Sand

I think that the crux of this problem (and others?) is that your printer
doesn't understand PCL and the JetDirect box expects a PCL-compatible
printer.  PCL printers can somehow send back information to the computer
such
as "out of paper".  If the JetDirect box sends out something in PCL and
expects
a response... it will never get it.

Wayne Boyer