HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Guy Avenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Avenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:52:32 -0700
The DDS2, DDS3, and DLTs used for backup can be used on other platforms as
well, and should remain in production for some time.  You can have your DAT
serviced for under $300 and keep new tapes sealed in their packaging.  You
could take out a new tape set each six months, restart your archive HP 3000
and do another system backup.
If you run into problems, you shouldn't be the last person using the
HP3000-L.
For hardware, the clearing house or homesteading haven is
www.hptraderonline.com.
When/if all the HP3000s leave the room, we will remain behind to shut off
the light.

Guy Avenell
Sales Manager
www.hpto.net