HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:20:46 -0500
Since it seems that some people are experiencing Roy's problem but others
are not, I figured it must be something to do with different settings.  As
Chuck points out, if you do not have the "Show hidden files and folders"
option set, the "secret" folders do not appear.  Now, Roy did say he had set
this option on and it still didn't show the folders.  However, I have just
tried turning off the option and then turning it back on.

I found that one must close all occurrences of WE for the setting change to
take effect. In other words, if you do not have the setting turned on, turn
it on and then close WE.  Start it again and navigate to the same spot and
voila, the files and folders are revealed!

If Roy and Tracy did it just this way and it still would not show the hidden
folders, I would suggest there might be some sort of corruption in their
registry.

I have had the wonderful opportunity of recovering from a disk failure on my
system a few months ago, so my Windows 2000 is quite recent.  Perhaps in
time, with the addition and removal of a lot of software and junk, the
registry might get screwed up to cause what Roy and Tracy have experienced.
At any rate, I would suggest they try switching the settings back and forth
a few times, exiting WE each time and see what happens.

Denys...