UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:17:18 -0400
Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni:

The University of Tennessee has embarked on an important process to enhance
the way in
which we market the university and its affiliated campuses. I would like to
ask for your help to
make this project successful.

Our critical first step is to develop a clear and compelling institutional
identity. We are working
with Educational Marketing Group (EMG), a national consulting firm that
specializes in
integrated marketing for higher education. EMG is seeking input on The
University of
Tennessee at Chattanooga's core values and competitive advantages from as
many faculty,
staff, students, and alumni as possible. Our goal is to define what UTC
stands for in order to
develop an integrated marketing plan.

On October 18, EMG consultants will be on the UTC campus speaking with
faculty, students,
staff, and alumni. We want to augment these interviews with a broad range
of contributions
from the entire UTC community.

I encourage you to participate by visiting the following website

http://pr.tennessee.edu/emg

and offering your candid and confidential responses to the questions listed.

*DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL*

Please respond no later than FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2002. All responses are
confidential.

As you know, our efforts must be effective for all of the campuses of the
University of
Tennessee system. Therefore, stakeholders on the Knoxville, Martin, and
Health Science
Center campuses are providing similar input for each of their campuses.

Once EMG has compiled and synthesized input from all of our campus
communities, we will
work together to develop a clear positioning platform and marketing plan
that communicates
the strength of our campus and our important role in the UT system.

I urge you to participate by sending your thoughts to EMG by October 11,
and to plan for
increased involvement as the marketing process gets underway.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact Chuck Cantrell
at [log in to unmask]

Bill