UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Dick Gruetzemacher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Gruetzemacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:50:08 -0400
Please accept my apology for any confusion and concern over the October 31
return deadline for student rating of faculty materials stated in the
recent memo to departments from the Testing Office.   We are notifying all
departments through Raven and campus mail that this date is
incorrect.   The return deadline will again (as in past years) be the end
of the second week of November (Friday November 15, 2002).

Over the years we have received numerous requests from faculty to report
results of the student ratings before the end of the fall semester.  Over
the past three years Janice Whitehad has reduced the time required to
process the ratings by almost seven weeks (last year's results would have
been reported before the holidays if we had not experienced equipment
failure).   In an effort to achieve the pre-Christmas reporting goal this
year, rating packets were prepared for distribution to faculty two weeks
earlier than usual.  We had also intended to ask that packets be returned
one week earlier (by November 8).  Somehow, the incorrect Halloween
deadline date crept into the memo!

over the Raven), we will extend the request for return of materials to the
traditional date of November 15.   As in the past, we ask that you advise
us of any problems with the rating packets or extenuating circumstances
that may require accommodations or assistance from the Testing
Office.    We will still make every effort to report the results to
departments before the holiday begins.

***************************************
Dick Gruetzemacher, Ed.D.
Director,
Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
B-107 Siskin Memorial
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN    37403