UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:34:53 -0500
Dr. John McCormack, Station Manager of WUTC-FM 88.1, has received a Radio
Community Service Grant of $107,205 from the Corporation for Public
Broadcasting.  The award provides a substantial portion of the station's
funding for the 2003 fiscal year.

For the past twenty years, WUTC has served an important role in the
university and community by providing cultural enrichment and quality
entertainment through its programming.  WUTC is the only public radio
station in the area to offer National Public Radio news programs and
syndicated shows from sources such as Public Radio International.  It also
provides a variety of locally produced music ranging from jazz to Cajun to
blues and reggae.  Dr. McCormack is especially proud that recently WUTC
began web streaming on the Internet at www.wutc.com and can therefore reach
a much broader audience than a typical radio station.  Students in UTC's
Communication Department benefit from having WUTC on campus; audio
production students receive instruction and gain valuable applied
experience in the studio.

Congratulations to Dr. McCormack.  We appreciate your successful efforts to
enrich the cultural resource base on campus and in our community.

Diane Miller
Director
Office of Grants and Program Review/Dept 4905
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN  37403
TELEPHONE:  423-755-4431