UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Curtis Gossett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Gossett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:52:00 -0500
Has the dog had a bad experience at a vet office or maybe a boarding place,
this could one problem, this happens more often than one would think  If not
then maybe you just need to get the dog out so can get used to the smells of
the world and other pets. Start small by taking the dog places, hopefully
leash trained, if not shame on you. The pet supply stores allows people to
bring their pet while shopping, would be a good place to start with. You
probably are larger than the dog so that puts you in charge, just go easy
but don't baby the dog and may take some time. Reward only for progress and
any sign of good behavior. Let us know if you succeed.
Respectfully,
Curtis Gossett