UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Lee Anne Viall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Anne Viall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:17:48 -0400
This is a reminder that orientation for spring 2003 will be Tuesday, Dec. 3
(Reading Day).

We need one faculty member from each academic department to help advise the
new students (both freshmen and transfers) who will be attending. Faculty
volunteers simply need to be in their offices from 2 to 4 p.m. that day. We
dismiss the students at 2, and they report to the designated office with
catalogs and RAP sheets in hand.

Draw straws, call in favors, vote, or use another method of deciding, but
please let me know via email by Friday, Nov. 15, who will advise for your
department. I will send reminders to each advisor as orientation
approaches, along with an approximate number of students each can expect to
see.

Thanks in advance for your assistance -- I realize Reading Day isn't the
most ideal time to schedule orientation, but room availability was
extremely limited, and there simply isn't enough space for us to do this on
a day when classes are in session. Please feel free to contact me if you
have any questions.

LeeAnne

LeeAnne S. Viall
Assistant Director of Admissions