UTCSTAFF Archives

October 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Karl Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:10:58 -0400
More reasons to support a Lottery for Tennessee:

I live in N. Georgia and I can see the benefits of the lottery without
making any effort. There are a least six new schools in Walker County
alone. (Most of them in the Lafayette area) These schools are "state of
the art" well designed and functional buildings. Southeastern
Tennesseans should tour the new high school in Lafayette. The school is
a sixty acre complex built on the shore of a 400 acre lake. I have read
several articles in the Chattanooga papers that mislead the public. The
articles reflect only on the most negative aspects of the lottery
funding.

The population of south Walker County is around 15k. It is quite amazing
to see so many excellent facilities for such a small population base. It
is my understanding this is happening all over the state. We already
know Georgia is drawing the best teachers in the area. Can you imagine
the impact this will have in 20 years?

The link below provides some factual studies of the Georgia lottery
through the fiscal year 1999.

http://www.arc.gsu.edu/csp/csp_other.htm#lottery

Reasons to Support a Lottery for Tennessee:

        1. Georgia's Superior Educational System

        2. Our budget