SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 03:46:00 -0400
On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:41:37 -0400, Brad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anybody know "why" the coral has been bleached? I recently heard
>the coral was bleached in much of the Pacific too, but didn't get a
>reason for it. Is it water temps rising because of El Nino, or what?

Check out this link Brad.
http://www.aims.gov.au/pages/search/search-coral-bleaching.html

>It's getting cold here now, and I'm in need of some www diving!!!
>Atleast I get to read about other people's fun in paradise. :-)
>Thanks for the dive reports.!

I'm going diving this weekend .. Rottnest Island on Saturday and then a
WAUPS get-together for a shore dive off Point Peron off the Swan River in
town Sunday morning.  While both places won't be that warm yet, well for
this WWW, it will be fun searching for seahorses in the river.

>Brad, (who is about 300 e-mails behind)

I know the feeling well .. looks like you have a new email addy too.
Viv