SCUBA-SE Archives

October 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:24:29 -0400
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 06:45:44 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wednesday, October 02, 2002 2:11 AM, Reef Fish wrote:
>
>>One small minor detail here ... 55F was the temp tht Strike's old
>>dive manuals recommended to dive in a DRYSUIT.  :-)))
>

>Mate!  The book, 'Dive: The Complete Book of Skin Diving', advises, beneath
>a picture of a fully equipped diver wearing a short sleeved 'T'-shirt for
>protection, to wear a "rubber suit if temperature is below 55 deg F., or
>rubber helmet and shirt .."   :-))
>
>Strike

But that was NOT the book I referred to.

DS  >(Which reminds me of a piece of advice from an old diving manual
DS  > stating that only when the water temp was 55 deg F, or less, was
DS  > it time to consider the use of a rubber suit!!!)  :-)

RF> I remember THAT one, not from any manual, but from the DUI video
DF> used in the drysuit specialty course I took.  It was titled
DF> something like "Everything you ever want to know about drysuits"  :-)

In any event, I would get in the water at Shelly JUST to see you dive
at 66 deg F in a T-shirt!   :-))  I'll even BRING the T-shirt, and
I'll stay down there 65 minutes to see you follow that "manual". :=)))))

But of course before I do that, I would read up on how to treat a bloke
with a severe case of hypothermia.  <BWG>

-- Bob.