HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:25:11 EDT
Sam asks:

> Any known cause of the system clock running slow?
>  We have a 979-200 6.0 pp2 and it loses about 1
>  minute per day.

My first guess would be relativistic time dilation effects as viewed by an
observer at a distance due to the fact that you're now migrating off of the
HP3000 at an ever accelerating rate.

My second guess, although it's less likely, would be that your machine has
found out that it's about ready to be abandoned and is so depressed that it
simply can no longer work at normal speed. We've certainly kept this
information from our HP3000's. There's just no reason that they need to know
this kind of thing at the moment.

Wirt Atmar