HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 4

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:15:41 -0700
Joe Amuquandoh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>We have been having instances where when we do a straight listing of a
>text file(NOT FORMS) to some of our network printers, they request for a
>reply before the spoolfile comes out. It happens so sporadicaly that we
>can't pinpoint under what circumstances this happen. It usually request
>for a PIN,Y

It sounds like you are using the "special forms" option on spoolfiles to
generate a console request before printing the spoolfile so the operator
can change and align the forms.  After the "special forms" spoolfile
finishes printing, if the next spoolfile to begin printing (which might
happen much later) has no "special forms" attribute then a console request
for "standard forms" (or something to that effect) is generated.  The
"standard form" spoolfiles won't begin printing until a console reply
confirms the normal forms are back in the printer.

--
Jeff Woods