HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:12:12 -0400
One way, I think you can look at it is that all of those layoffs goto pay
the board 10 million apiece and didn't Carly and Don get 15 mil.?
I mean Compaq was making some crap products for a couple od years, they were
steadily losing server market share betwen Dell and IBM.
There customer service stunk and Don Capellas managed to squander the DEC
aquisition.
I mean Carly managed to dump a whole lot of money into developing the Itanic
with Intel and that is a piece of crap.
At the same time her gentle staff has seen the waste of HPUX and HP3k.  Then
again they also wasted openmail.
I guess the kickback from wintel must be THAT good...

Phil