HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:05:08 -0400
Chris writes:
>  Help!  I need to know how to reset the available licenses for MANMAN
> ASK running on an HP3000.  We own approximately 40 licenses but only 2
> are available for concurrent use.  The third user who tries to login
> gets a "Can't initiate new sessions now. (CIERR 80)" message.  Is
> there an easy way to reset the software licensing file?

I think you have your answer already from others, however, I wanted to reply
to the question how does MANMAN restrict the number of licenses.  It appears
that when SYSMAN is started, a message file is created in the PUB group of
the account that holds the databases.  Its format is the letter "A" with the
ASK integer date appended to it.  So on September 13 you will see:

:LISTF [log in to unmask],2
ACCOUNT=  MMV090      GROUP=  PUB

FILENAME  CODE  ------------LOGICAL RECORD-----------  ----SPACE----
                  SIZE  TYP        EOF      LIMIT R/B  SECTORS #X MX

A11276  *           1W  VBM          0        896 128        0  0  *

The message file intrinsics make it easy to count the number of "opens" on
the file.  If you see a bunch of these files out there, it is probably
because the last user who had the message file open was aborted.  It is safe
to PURGE them.

> I'd also like to know where I might be able to find administrative
> task information for MANMAN ASK software.

There is a Systems Manager Guide somewhere around there.

HTH,

Mark