HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:55:17 -0400
One additional note; APC UPSes (and in particular the APC Masterswitch
Plus) can be accessed over the network (via SNMP and passworded HTML).
If your UPS was an APC unit, you could probably setup a simple script
(using WGET or similar) on same workstation to tell the UPS to "turn
off" those outlets.

I don't recall for sure, but I BELIEVE you can also tell the APC units
"when" to shutdown (i.e. in x minutes); which could allow you to even
script it on the 3000 (using wget) - assuming you could get an "alarm"
to the 3000 via some means.

 -Chris Bartram