HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
george Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:02:09 -0500
 There's a misconception that was raised earlier in this thread that
needs to be corrected. Olav Kappert probably stated it most
succinctly when he said

> According to the webcast this morning and the way I understood
> it,the conversion kit is available for free ONLY for PA8700.

That's simply untrue.

In fact, *any* hp e3000 A-class or N-class system can be
converted to an HP-UX server using a free conversion kit that
is available from HP. There are conversion kits available for
the PA-8500 and the PA-8600 based servers that were
introduced in 2001, as well as the new PA-8700 based
servers that were introduced in September of 2002.

By contrast, the kits that upgrade A-class or N-class servers
from PA-8500 processors to the newer, faster PA-8700
processors are *not* free.  (After all, you're getting a new
processor for your money.)

-geo