HP3000-L Archives

September 2002, Week 1

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:33:57 -0700
Gary Sielaff writes

This is just a little too much.... "go from 100mph to 150mph in a snap" .
There isn't a Camaro produced
John Q. Public could buy that will do this.
Come on Guys
Gary
Moses Lake
Well possibly not a Camaro right off the assembly line, though I think the
top 5.7L could possibly reach nearly 150 MPH, however there are plenty of
Camaros that will do this.  Check out this portion of the Callaway Camaro
site.

http://www.callawaycars.com/Camaro/camaro_body.htm

Callaway SuperNatural C8 packages, except for the CamAerobody, are equally
applicable to both Camaros and Firebirds.

The Callaway SuperNatural C8 is a remarkable performance value. The
SuperNatural 383 produces performance comparable to the Ferrari 355 and
Dodge Viper, but at an affordable price and with the utility of 2+2 seating.
And it's docile enough for your Mom's shopping trips. To compliment the
SuperNatural 383's power, we have developed a series of related performance
enhancements for the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires.

Reliability in everyday use is backed by Callaway's 3 year/36,000 mile
warranty. Regular maintenance follows factory-specified procedures and
intervals. The Callaway C8 is ideally suited for everyday transportation,
with the performance capability for a weekend at the track.

We have a saying in New England, 'The proof is in the pudding". In the case
of the Callaway C8, the pudding is a series of independent magazine tests
that document its performance: 4.7 seconds 0-60 mph, 13.1 seconds at 110 mph
in the quarter mile, 0.94g on the 200-foot skidpad, 172 mph top speed. The
car the magazines tested was a regular Callaway SuperNatural Camaro C8, just
like the cars we deliver to our customers. It ran factory (emissions
compliant) gearing and off-the-shelf Pirelli tires. Every Callaway Camaro or
Firebird is capable of delivering comparable numbers.

172 MPH top speed

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.