UTCSTAFF Archives

September 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:13:09 -0400
Dr. Margaret N. Kelley, Vice Chancellor for University Advancement,
has announced her intention to step down from this position at the
end of December.
        Dr. Kelley has been with the university since August of 1983
and in her present position since 1998.  She will continue to work
part time with the Development Office as a major gifts fundraiser.
The University Advancement division of the university includes
offices of Development, Alumni Affairs, University Relations and
WUTC, the campus public radio station.  She also serves as liaison to
the University of Chattanooga Foundation.
        "Dr. Kelley has given remarkable service to this campus and
the effects of her efforts are tremendous," said Chancellor Bill
Stacy. "She has done far more than raise money for UTC. She has
cultivated and nurtured friendships and partnerships that have been
crucial in maintaining the strong academic tradition and collegiality
for which this campus has become known. She has graciously offered to
continue to work in the area of major gifts development. I wish her
continued success and happiness in this new phase of her life and
service to UTC."
        A graduate of UTC with a doctorate from UT Knoxville, Dr.
Kelley has been part of a staff which has seen the endowment grow
from approximately $17 million when she arrived to over $100 million
today, culminating in the last fiscal year with private gift support
of over $14 million.
        "During all these years I have never lost my amazement at the
generosity of Chattanoogans and UTC alums.  It has made my job one of
the most gratifying on this campus.  I am grateful to all the people
who have made this possible, and to all the wonderful lifelong
friends I have made," said Dr. Kelley.  "With the Lupton gift, I am
definitely going out on top."  She also expressed her especial thanks
to Chancellor Bill Stacy for his "wonderful support" and to Dr. Fred
Obear, who hired her.

--

Chuck Cantrell
Assistant Vice Chancellor for University Relations

Voice (423) 425-4363
Fax (423) 425-5299