UTCSTAFF Archives

September 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
"Dr. Joe Dumas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Joe Dumas
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:18:00 -0400
Gail Meyer wrote:

> (As a side issue, I find it interesting that they think they will need Vine
> Street when they contend that changing McCallie and ML King will not impede
> traffic too much.  Also, I believe there is a presentation on this
> McCallie/ML King issue today for those of you who might be interested in
> attending.)

I find that very interesting as well.  The city fathers aren't worried
about choking off traffic capacity on two major arteries that serve the
entire metro area, but they want to re-open one dinky little closed
street that has been closed for years and would realistically only serve
the campus community anyway.  Maybe some of those developers who think
they stand to benefit from reconfiguring McCallie and M.L. King own
property on Vine Street, too?

As Gail mentioned, professional transportation engineer, Philip Lohr, of
Volkert and Associates, has been invited to speak at the Faculty Council
meeting today regarding the proposed reconfiguration of McCallie/MLK/
Bailey.  It should be a very interesting presentation.  I hope many of
you can attend.

Joe Dumas