SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:22:02 -0400
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:41:03 -0400, Inez In 't Veld
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Bob wrote:
>>
>>>Nick has censored ALL my present (and future) posts to Scuba-L, for
>>reason of a piece of SATIRE I posted (with humor).  Nick's FALSE
>>ACCUSATIONS about me having violated any Scuba-L Guideline can
>>easily be seen in the Scuba-L webpage archives!!<

This act of barring my future posts in an OPEN and PUBLIC LISTSERV
LIST (notwithstanding the requirement to subscribe), is itself a
major violation of LISTSERV Rules and Guidelines.

There is much more to what Nick posted in Scuba-L than meets the eye.
I'll explained in a follow-up post why he may have been EXPELLED
by the Brown Administration for his blatent and flagrant violations
of LISTSERV Ownership Guidelines on a LISTSERV list hosted by Brown.
For one thing, [log in to unmask] had already received a copy of what
I posted here, detailing Nick's ABUSE of LISTSERV Ownership, before
it was posted here.

>>He, that was his plan all the way back then.

Of course.  But he stepped TOO FAR over the edge this time.

>>I never resubbed since then and will keep it that way until Nick
>>disappears

According to Nick's post in Scuba-L, regarding the ASAP schedule of
his move to squwak.com, he'll disappear on the 22nd of this month,
from LISTSERV related management, and will be in his PRIVATE little
dictatorship kingdom, not even visible from the outside by the
public, I am sure NONE of us in Scuba-SE who is current NOT a
subscriber to Scuba-L (at Brown), will bother to subscriber to
Nick's majordmoo2 toy in squwak.  I am equally sure than some
current subscriber to both LISTS will not bother to subscribe to
Nick's majordomo toy, given its INVISIBILITY, not to mention his
way of managemenmt.

So, Nick's Scuba-L will die a quiet death, as it had been dying
already when it was visible and easily accessible under Brown's
LISTSERV Administration.

The only honorable thing Nick COULD and SHOULD have done was to
relinquish the name of Scuba-L, which he merely inherited from a
list of previous Owners, and start his OWN List with a NEW NAME.
But Nick is obviously "digged in" his own grave, and decided to
take the name "Scuba-L" to that grave as well.

>>Mika
>>
>Hi,
>
>just ignore scuba-l and Nick.
>Maybe the members of scuba-l will "vote" for a new listowner

Only if that is done while it's still under LISTSERV management under
Brown University.  Once Nick moves into his dictatorial home in
squawk, the term "vote" will not meaning anything regardless of the
outcome of the vote.

>Inez
>(Gouda, Netherlands)

Thanks Mika and Inez for your voice of support.  Stayed tuned for
my follow-up post, later in the day.

-- Bob.