SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:26:28 -0400
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 05:54:21 -0500, Chuck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am told Aldora is for sale

Any info on the asking price, and the ball park figures of its
assets and liabilities?

>There is a second Chinese restaurant (owned I am told by
>the same people that own the first)

I am surprise the first (across from Prima) hadn't gone out of
business yet.  Supposedly had some connection with some restaurants
in Atlanta, but the food was so AWFUL that the only worse Chinese
restaurant that existed in Coz was owned by Albert of Prima, just
before he started Prima.  Albert's Chinese restaurant was in the
same location of Prime.  It lasted about 3 months. :-)

> the Capitan from El Capi Navigante has opened a new seafood
> restaurant (Casa de la Morena) on 10th.

The poor guy opened and CLOSED at least three other restaurants
within a span of about a year, near downtown, prior to this!

>(and probably wont try Sam's Wok since the food at the other chinese
> restaurant was at best pretty mediocre IMO.)

"pretty mediocre" would be a gross over-rating of that Chinese restaurant
downtown.  That was the ONLY Chinese restaurant in the entire world
in which a "chow mein" dish came out as noodles in a big bowl of soup.
And on second try, came out as wet noodles with the soup part drained.
"Chow" (adjative) in "chow mein" means FRIED.  :-)

On scuba, I ALMOST went to Huntsville, Alabamy (where Mike Wallace
and David Hale are), with several rec.scuba folks with such memorable
names as Popeye (who said he signed up for Scuba-SE and promptly
saw 15 different ways of tying knots :-)), Airhog, Icarus, and
Moyolawn, or Moyo for short.  :-)  The event was to be a QUARRY dive.
There were so many last-minute SNAFUs in the organization of the
event that I ended up going to Hotlanta and bought a 2003 Limited
Edition of a Chrysler mini-van instead.  :-)

David Hale is elsewhere this weekend visiting his family folks,
and Mike Wallace is actually DIVING in a different quarry (I think)
in Huntsville, today and tomorrow, as a Nitrox instructor.

-- Bob.