SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2002

From:
Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 03:07:29 +0800
I've posted some photos from the PNG trip on my website.  You can jump
directly to the thumbnails page for these images at:

           http://www.tabula-international.com/UW/PNG2/PNG2Index.html

The trip included a transit of the Bismarck Sea (from Manus to Kimbe)
on the M/V Pelagian, a short stay at Walindi Plantation at Kimbe Bay, a
short trip on the M/V Chertan in Milne Bay, and a few more days back at
Walindi  (where my stay was interrupted by the eruption of Mt. Pago,
which forced the shutdown of Hoskins Airport.)

I shot a lot more wide-angle on this trip than before.  (One
unanticipated benefit of this move is that there were far fewer slides
that could even be remotely considered "keepers" than when I mostly
shot macro!)  The Bismarck Sea sites were mostly oceanic reefs and
atolls, which a lot of the time meant shooting sharks and barracuda,
though I also tried to do more wide-angle reef scenics.  But there were
also some good macro subjects, particularly when we got to the Vitu
Islands and the Father's Reef system north of New Britain, and of
course in Milne Bay.

I'd appreciate any feed-back (positive or negative) you may have about
any of these shots.

Regards,

Robert Delfs

Robert Delfs