SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2002

From:
Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:09:43 +0800
David,

I've read (only) part of Issue Two of Nekton - it's great.

Reading the piece on splices, it occurred to me that a bit about knots
might not be out of order.  In which vein, I'd like to suggest
including the one knot that I think every diver should know, simply
because it's the only knot (or at least the only one that I have ever
found) that will reliably hold when tied in shock cord.   Even better,
it can usually be untied without much trouble.

Hint:  One of the very few important knots that was not known until the
20th Century, it is named after a famous aircraft.

Robert Delfs

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:51:02 +1000, David Strike wrote:

>G'Day, Folks,
>
>Despite a few server problems that upset our plans to have the issue out on
>the 1st of the month, the September/October edition of NEKTON, is now up and
>running at:
>http://www.e-nekton.com/
>
>In this issue, there's an interview with GUE's, Jarrod Jablonski; the second
>part of Bjorn's great article on the 'digital versus film' debate; an
>overview of some of Thailand's most exotic diving destinations; news of new
>regulations that will affect Australia's offshore diving industry; a shore
>diving piece - that I've already posted here; new live-aboards about to come
>on-line in the Asia-Pacific region; marine conservation successes; Dive
>Shows; a little bit of diving's history; book reviews; new products; and sum
>uvver stuff!  :-)
>
>Comments and criticisms welcomed!  :-)
>
>Strike

Robert Delfs