SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:57:42 +1000
On Tuesday, September 17, 2002 5:41 AM, wrote:

> Reef Fish wrote:
> > Thank you for your flattering faulty memory.  :-)
> > First, the orgainzer was our inimitable, Viking God, Strike.  I was
> > just his assistant "go-fer".  :-))

> I recall Strike being a promotor and even seem to recall that he tracked
> progress through the planning, ....

I far prefer the title, 'facilitator'!  :-)    (And it all started when Viv
was over in Sydney and said how nice it would be, if we were to go and have
a dive with Bob.  Then - just like Topsy - it "grewed and grewed", with
Bob - because Viv and I had never been to Cozumel - doing all of the
groundwork in lining up accommodation and operators!)  :-)

And talking about the CozNEDFest reminds me that I never got back to you
about where to get the Command Air regulator serviced that you won as a
prize there.  Apparently a company called Prosub, in the States, had been
the distributors of the Command Air 2nd stages, (Prosub made their own first
stages for the reg.!) but haven't placed orders for parts for years!  That
being the case, returning the reg to me is probably the best way of getting
it serviced according to manufacturer's specifications and using the proper
parts.

If you want to do that, then - because I'm in and out of their factory quite
often - I'm happy to handle it!  :-)

Strike