HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 4

From:
Janie Shuman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janie Shuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:18:46 -0400
Just to let everyone know how my inability to detach was resolved. . .

Thanks to all who helped.  I tried DETACH in DBUTIL as Denys suggested.
When I got "warning root file ATC flag is off but UGINQTC file exists,
detach failed" I knew I'd just seen that error msg in a manual I was
reading. It said you could use ATCutil to detach and attach. I then tried
ATCutil, first the detach and got "no db attached". Then I tried ATTACH. I
got "Cannot create ATCINFO file" So I renamed my ATCINFO file, so it
wouldn't be pre-existing, and tried the attach again. It worked!!