HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 4

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:04:39 -0500
Thanks to all who replied.  I probably should have included more info, and
in specific, the fact that I didn't want to recompile, or add code, I just
needed a quick (and reliable) method to figure out what parm value to set
when a program blows up at 3:30 am, and the restart requires 1 (or up to 3)
of 5 COBOL run time switches to be set.  Of course,  what the run time
switch values needed to be for the restart could/should have been documented
in both the JCL and the program, but that's yet another thread.   :-)

Ray Shahan

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans", John Lennon