HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 3

From:
Evan Vaala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Evan Vaala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:21:26 -0400
Sorry for dragging out an OT thread, but I feel it is worthy Friday
material.

Best drummer - tough subject!

However, in the summer of 1990, I stopped in at "The Guitar Center" (OK -
gag me with duct tape, but it was conveniently on my way home) in St. Paul,
MN to pick up some guitar strings.

By chance I happened to stop in while a "Vinnie Colaiuta" drum clinic was
just being setup.  Vinnie was mingling with some of the workers while setup
was going on.  I mustered up enought courage to shake his hand.  I stayed
for the clinic.  Surprisingly, only about 15-20 people were there.  Had I
known, I would have brought my copy of "Joe's Garage" for autograph.
Watching him teach/perform from a distance of 10 feet was pretty inspiring.

I give a slightly biased thumbs up to Vinnie.

However, Keith Moon's uncredited presence on "Becks Bolero" could be
considered "life threatening" to anybody relying on a heart pacemaker.  For
those of us with healthy hearts, just tighten up your seat belts, hang on
to something sturdy, and enjoy!

Evan Vaala
Rockwell Automation