HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:36:11 -0400
Alfredo wrote:
> A few MPE-Image colleagues asked me HOW I knew about the "labs"
> section of Google:
>
> >Google is a good thing. For those who enjoy the bleeding edge:
> >http://labs.google.com/
> >
> >Always playing with technological prototypes,

Very cool.  I made a suggestion to Google to index the U.S. tax-code and all
the tax forms, but it may show too many contradictions.  =8-o

I got a call from Interex asking why I never go to HP World.  My talk there
must have really been boring in Philly...  Anyway, they asked what could
improve HP World?  I said it would be really cool if Carly would show up in
person.  They asked, "Why?"  I replied, "Does Bill Gates miss Windows World?
Does McNeely miss JavaOne?  Does Larry Ellison miss any chance to speak to
the masses?  Does.."  "OK, OK."

Now, I have to say, if there every was a year that Carly should skip HP
World, you would think this one is it.  She's got angry 3K folks, almost
half the shareholders and several thousand newly laid-off HP and Compaq
workers who would love to heckle and boo her.  Let's see if she's got a real
loud microphone...