HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 2

From:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:32:04 -0500
 Larry Barnes ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I was watching the Business News channel Monday, Aug. 13, and they had a
: short blurb that HP has won a bid to take over MS help desk support.  Has
: anyone else out there heard this?
:
   http://news.com.com/2100-1001-949179.html
   Microsoft enlists HP for PC help - Tech News - CNET.com

   By Ian Fried
   Staff Writer, CNET News.com
   August 11, 2002, 9:00 PM PT

  "Microsoft will be turning to Hewlett-Packard to help solve its
   computer problems, under a multiyear services pact due to be announced
   Monday.

   The deal, which is worth tens of millions of dollars, is one of the
   first high-profile announcements from HP's services unit since HP
   completed its acquisition of Compaq Computer in May. HP will provide
   help-desk service to Microsoft employees and contractors in up to 68
   countries.

   [snip]

   Prior to the merger, Compaq had a deal to provide service to about
   11,000 Microsoft employees in 35 countries in Europe, the Middle East
   and Africa. Hogan said HP beat out Siemens Business Services, which
   had been providing help-desk support to Microsoft.

   In addition to managing the help desk, HP will provide consulting work
   to Microsoft on developing ways for the help desk to uncover or
   anticipate problems."

:
: If it's true I wonder what accent you will hear when you call for MS
: support?
:

The HP deal only covers help-desk service to Microsoft employees and
contractors.

--Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)
  Note: [log in to unmask] is invalid for email