HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:48:06 -0400
John Lee wrote:

> And wasn't this one of MPE's strong points?
>
> John Lee (hardware guy)
>
> At 05:48 PM 8/11/02 -0400, Mark Wonsil wrote:
> >Not sure if it is OT or not, but put one there just to be safe.  I'm posting
> >this because it could have been written by Wirt, Alfredo or any other number
> >of people on this list.  The short version: less is more.  This is true in
> >so many aspects of life and no less true in software development.

"Inside every large program is a small one desperately trying to get out"
-- C.A.R.Hoare

Also "There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the

-- Ibid

Jeff

PS - "I bet the human brain is a kludge."  -- Marvin Minsky