HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:21:57 -0700
Peter Osborne wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here's a Webwise question. I have been looking around the web for info on how
> to configure multiple SSL virtual hosts using Apache. Unless I am mistaken,
> it seems that the SSL Protocol requires one IP address for every SSL host.

You are not mistaken:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC47

> If this is the case, how do you configure an HP 3000 to have multiple addresses
> without adding hardware. Can you do this with a router instead? I'm having
> the same problem with Apache on Linux, has anyone got past this roadblock?

Unfortunately the 3000 doesn't let you configure IP address aliases.  It will
only recognize one IP address per network card.

Linux however does let you do IP aliasing, and you could use this to implement
multiple virtual SSL servers.

Your only choice for multiple SSL servers on MPE would be to use different
(non-standard) port numbers for each server.
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...