HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:17:07 -0500
 [log in to unmask] (Jerry Leslie) wrote in message news:<[log in to unmask]>...
> John Lee ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> :
> : That's right - in the crunch, it was the influence of General Electric,
> : not General Powell, that did the trick.
> :
> One form the influence could have taken was a billion dollars for
> each country's leader in numbered Swiss bank accounts.

I would have approved of this plan...if I was the President of
Pakistan.

> That and a reminder of submarine-launched cruise missiles during
> Desert Storm should be enough to cure any nationalistic testosterone
> frenzy.

Sorry, your foolish threats may work against Afghanistan but won't
work against India and Pakistan. Imagine 1.2 billion people becoming
enemies of the USA overnight. Do you want to create a 100 million
additional potential terrorists for your own country? The U.S.
government won't have the balls to launch an attack against a
democratic country that has the potential in the future to launch
nuclear warheads installed on ultra long range ICBM's.

Plus, your large high tech corporations in the US need India, Pakistan
and China to supply cheap, high quality, back operations and factory
labor so that you can buy your underwears and shoes for $9.99 at
Walmart and Target.

Next time think twice before issuing threats of using your destructive
military tendencies against every enemy in that corner of the world.
India and Pakistan have the right to possess nuclear weapons, as much
as any other law abiding country in any part of the world. Every law
abiding  country has the right to possess nuclear weapons for self
defense.

Unlike Americans who have used nuclear weapons on civilian population,
India and Pakistan are much smarter to realize the horrors of nukes. I
think the Americans should learn a few lessons from the Indians and
Pakistanis about military restraint and civilized behavior. Indians
don't go around threatening other countries with military strikes,
unlike the US of A.

What you call nationalistic testesterone frenzy is a figment of
American imagination. For some reason, its OK for Americans to feel
nationalistic pride, but for other countries to possess mighty
military and display their national pride to the world is something
Americans cannot tolerate. If you are unable to see smaller third
world countries make technological progress and improve their living
conditions and self defense capabilities, too bad. Turn off your TV or
watch that half-naked Brittney Spears instead.

God.
(Sorry, but USA is not a one nation "Under god")!