HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:12:55 +0100
In message
<[log in to unmask]>, Shawn
Gordon <[log in to unmask]> writes
>At 12:11 AM 8/4/2002, F. Alfredo Rego wrote:

Some anagrams.

>Well let's hope that they open their eyes and do some investigation and
>realize 2 things.
>
>1.  TurboImage kicked ass 10 years and more ago, but isn't that great
>anymore in terms of reliability, scalability or any other 'bility
>2.  Oracle ain't the only option out there.  As much as we all bag on
>Oracle, it didn't get to where it is because it sucks at everything under
>the sun.  The prance around and sing otherwise is to wallow in ignorance
>(and I don't care for Oracle).

Yes, for me too it scores a 'clear O'. Yet I know some people, faced
with the rather nebulous origins of some of the open databases, might
prefer to deal with a 'real co'. But it's thirsty work, and as soon as
I've drunk an 'er, cola', I'll be getting down to 'la core' of it.

I just hope I don't wind up in the 'all sorry line'...

--
Roy Brown   Kelmscott Ltd
'It's that time of the year again. Your out-of-office reply should not