HP3000-L Archives

August 2002, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:23:55 -0700
Gibson writes:
> "Gavin Scott" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> > It's more like the obsolescence of a make of automobiles,[...]
>
> It is not like an automobile since we still support them after we
> discontinue making them. We are still stocking Ford Model T parts.

That's why I said "make".  If Ford were to go out of business, then there
would be no more Ford-supplied parts and service, and all of the Ford
automobiles in the world would have to turn to third-party sources for these
things.

Essentially it's the maker of the HP3000 (HP/CSY) that has chosen to go out
of business, thus putting the 3000 model owners in the position of having to
turn elsewhere for service and support.  It doesn't mean that people won't
keep driving them until they run into the ground.

And I don't know about you, but all of my 3000s have very low mileage :-)

G.