UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
RJackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:05:55 -0400
A college bookstore should be a service for "students" not "customers." But of
course that reveals a certain mentality, doesn't it. It is that sort of
treatment that leads so many faculty to order books off campus. I suggest that
in the future we get all the books into a list and have the students order
through Amazon.com where they will get a 10-30% discount rather than the
bookstore's outrageous markup. I believ eAmazon would work with any professor
to facilitate such a plan. UTC touts free market economics, and here is a
pefect example to exercise that philosophy. I hope you forward this to he
bookstore.

Richard Jackson
UC Foundation Professor of English