UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Rene Long <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rene Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:08:48 -0400
ATTENTION:  ALL FACULTY

In the last two weeks we have had 35 books cancelled by professors because
they decided to use another book.  This does not include cancelled classes.
 This is after we have ordered and received the previously requested book.
These books now have to be packed and returned to the publishers and we
have to rush to order the newly requested book.  This causes an
inconvenience for the customers who will have to wait for the book to
arrive.  This also causes an inconvenience for those customers who have
already purchased the previously ordered book and now have to return it to
the store.

Because this has become such a problem, we must now enforce our company
policy of charging the shipping charges for cancelled books to the
appropriate department effective immediately.  This charge does not apply
to cancelled classes only cancelled books.

Thank you,
Rene Long