UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:02:33 -0400
Ms. Sandy Cole of the Center for Community Career Education recently
received $34,892 from the Southeast Tennessee Workforce Investment Board
and Youth Council to extend the Out-of-School Youth Career Connections
program through September of this year.  The theme of this program is
a focus on positive attitudes using ten keys such as
appearance, punctuality, responsibility and humility to point the
participants in the direction of successful careers.

The program helps young adults who have dropped out of high school or
graduated without specific career goals by providing career counseling, GED
training, and focused mentoring.  People without a GED are encouraged to
stay in classes they need until they receive it, and all program
participants are prepared to become a valuable part of the workforce and to
find employment.  The service is a benefit to our community's
workforce and educational institutions, as well as to Bradley and McMinn
Counties, which are also included in the program.

Congratulations to Ms. Cole.  We wish you luck with the continued success of
the program.

Diane Miller
Director
Office of Grants and Program Review/Dept 4905
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN  37403
TELEPHONE:  423-755-4431