UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carter Pate <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carter Pate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:09:10 -0400
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Ann Wellington wrote:
.  .  .
> Dr. Bruce Hutchinson will critique Congressman Hilleary's speech offering
> the established arguments in support of larger government and greater taxes
> in Tennessee.
.  .  .

Duh?  Bruce, how'd you get sucked into that?  It  seems to me that larger
government and greater taxes can be justified only on the grounds of
sufficient logic that necessity demands either or both.  Here's hoping
your commission will permit you to explore the practicalities of policies
and practices, including a "war on terrorism".
`       cpate