SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 02:54:13 -0400
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 Christian Gerzner wrote:

>Brad Stambaugh wrote:
>>I have had these in the vault for about six monthes, and thought I
>> should pass it on. I hope everyone has not already seen this.
>(snip)
>
>Actually I suspect that most, if not all, of these are yet another
>urban myth.
>
>But then, maybe not:
>
>http://www.darwinawards.com/
>
>Sorry, >;-)

Bit like when the mobile phone and petrol station myth went the rounds.
I cringed when some federal department announced it on national tv.
While there may be the possibility of risk none of the stories about people
catching on fire or blowing up petrol stations that have done the rounds
have actually been confirmed.
Viv