SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:49:31 -0400
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:58:50 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>(snip)

>Mate!  According to the guide book, "At least 10,000 years ago, say around
>the last ice age, the Garigal clan moved into the region. Their language was
>known as Guringai, which is where the park gets its name. They lived happily
>in the area until white folk arrived (same old story)."

Thanks for ascertaining that the name had nothing to do with any
Chinese chicken!  >-)

>We bush-walk there quite regularly and there are some pretty amazing rock
>carvings not far from one of the roads that are really worth seeing.  (If
>Wings & Ani can do it, then so can you!)  :-)))

It's easy for YOU to say.  Ani has wings, and da feeesh only has fins. ;o*
Viv has seen my "mountain trail" blazing speeds.  :-)  I'll have to ask
her if I should just stay in the car and watch you do it.

-- Bob.