SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:53:48 -0400
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:47:42 +1000, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>(snip)

>(snip)
>> >Perth is way across to the west, on the other side
>> >of the island, and internal air fares can be a bit pricey.  :-)
>
>> Bollox.  Takes about the same time and same price to fly from Cairns!
>> She could make it in the weekend of your Strike Reef party without
>> missing any w**k!  :-)
>
>Mate!  She'd have to catch the 'red-eye special' to arrive on the Saturday,
>(there's the time difference and a 4.5 hour flight in between) get smashed
>as a rat on the fresh batch of Phyco-Plonk that we'll be cooking up in
>Julian's BCD, and then have to be poured back onto a 'plane again!  Mind
>you!  It'd be great if she could make it!  :-)

You grossly underestimated Viv's stamina.  After something like 19 hours
of flight to arrive Choo Choo at 23:00, she made US red-eyed by staying
up well past midnight, and was ready for the Choo-Choo NEDfest that
same morning.  :-))   But she'll be a good judge of whether Julian's
Phyco-Plonk is better than the White Russians at Choo-Choo.  :-)))

>> Perth Friday night departure 22:50 on Qantas; arrive Sydney 5:15 Sat.
>> Sydney Monday morning departure 6:15; arrive Perth 8:15 in time for
>> w**k.  Only $509 AUD or $281 USD on that Qantas roundtrip.
>
>It's that word, "only" that I have trouble with!!!  :-)

The ATL-CZM flight is shorter (in distance AND time) than the Perth-
SYD flight), and if THAT  roundtrip is ONLY $281, I may be flying to
Cozumel every weekend.  :-))

>> I would gladly GIVE Viv my CO Frequent Flyer miles for that rountrip
>> but unfortunately even though Qantas is a CO Partner, they won't take
>> CO Miles.   So, here is an idea and an offer.
>
>> I'll SELL a 25K Continental FFM mile tieket (nominally worth $500 USD)
>> to anyone for $281, and give Viv the proceeds for the Qantas flight. :-)
>
>> The CO FF Mile ticket is good for a roundtrip between ANY two cities
>> in the contiguous 48 States, including Alaska and Canada.
>
>> Any taker?  :-))
>
>Somebody, please, say "Yes"!  :-)

Okay, I'll kick in 10 Complimentary Coupons (called Continental Currency),
each good for a cocktail/liqueur or beer or wine in flight.  :-)))
Five such drinks each way (if the Flight Attendants let you) should make
a happy start of most travellers.  :-))))

>> >Let's aim for a BBQ/Lunch at
>> >"Strike's Reef" on either the Saturday or Sunday?  That way you can
>< <combine it with the Manly ferry trip.  :-)
>
>> You've smooth-talked me into it.   :-))
>
>As my old Chief used to tell me, "One volunteer is worth ten pressed men.
>Strike!  You've just volunteered!"  :-)))
>
>Strike

Thrice!  As chauffeur, tour guide, and now as party giver!  Your Navy
training definitely paid off, for my benefit.  <BWWWG>

-- Bob.