SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:54:45 +1000
On Thursday, August 29, 2002 3:17 PM, John Hauer wrote:

(snip)

> Now, Do not miss a rugby match. Go to any level you can find. It is a
show.
> It is certainly much more interesting than American football - gridiron.
And
> ... I like football. What really got me was how "purely sporting" rugby
was.

Mate!  The football season will be over by the time Bob arrives.  Cricket
will be in full swing in November - and for my money that's best watched on
television just to fill in the gaps between the exciting TV commercials!
:-)

(snip)
> Centennial park was a good place - there are other parks downtown. What
> you'll notice there (that I expect residents to take for granted) is the
> vastly different bird-life to be found. Wild cocatoos (sp?) and bats come
> mind.

Did you see the big colony of fruit bats (flying foxes) in the Botanical
Gardens?  It's terrific to see them at dusk.  :-)

(snip)
> That harbor built for the Olympics was good for a beer, but I don't think
> I'd spend too much time on that goal.

Darling Harbour wasn't built for the Olympics - and the Aquarium and the
Maritime Museum are pretty enjoyable.  I think!  :-)))

Strike