SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:55:29 -0400
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:08:03 +0800, Bjorn Vang Jensen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Viv wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:01:15 -0500, Chuck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> >Homeowners have been offered a 'special deal' by the country club.
$6000
>> >USD for a 5 year membership plus $1200USD per year dues plus green fees.
>> >Such a deal.
>
>> And they call that a special deal!!

Just had dinner at Prima and I asked Albert about it.  He said that would
be a special deal indeed, because they had FOUR members while charging
the fees similar to Singapore's <BG>:

>Out here in Asia, it would be called the deal of the century - and it would
>be! Last I checked Singapore prices, initial membership fee was close to
>45,000 USD, and another 400 per month, for a half-decent club :-(
>
>Bjorn

The special deal in Cozumel will undoubtedly at least double the
membership.  ;-)  As it has been proven by the cruiseship industry
how much clout (ZILCH!  ZERO!) scuba divers and locals have on the
Mexican Political/Economical infrastructure ...

Nobody is twisting anybody's arm to join.  So why is anyone bitching?
Why are the peasants complaining?  Let them eat cake!  :-)))  Maria
was probably Milton Friedman got his Nobel Prize winning idea of a
FREE MARKET.  <BWG>

-- Bob.

-- Bob.