HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 4

From:
Richard Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:28:01 +0200
> Science, is, IMO,
> the generally accepted way for everyone to know if something
> is real and how it works.
Which you have to disclaim as being IMO, because such an idea is entirely
outside the purview of science. In fact, most of the departments at a
university are entirely outside the realm of science. Parking meters work,
but that's technology, not science proper.

-----

Everything anyone says is effectively IMO.

Sorry to be rude, but I have no idea what you point is.  "science" as a word
in the way I was using it, refers to human beings common understanding of
the world and it mechanisms, science applies to everything.  The reason we
like a nice painting or a film, at some point will come down to scientific
explanation, maybe it's complex or simple, but there is always a reason for
why something happens, including our thought processes, choice's of partner
and falling in love.

There are no miracles as such, just events that yet to have a detailed
explanation, but I'm sure eventually they will.

We are just organic machines at the end of the day.