HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:16:39 -0700
Please note that the cited article quotes the "Weekly World News" as its
source for this story.  In view of that fact, I think we can safely assume
that Rev. Peasboro is a fictional character.  For those of you who are not
familiar with the WWW, it is a tabloid that routinely carries stories such
as "I gave birth to an alien" or "Noted psychic's head explodes."  I once
heard that the publisher of this fine journal was sued for a false story,
and testified in court that the stories in WWW are for entertainment only,
and that "Everyone knows they aren't true."  I don't know whether the tale
of this court testimony is a true story, but you can rest assured that any
resemblance between a WWW story and the truth is purely coincidental.

By the way, I recommend the Weekly World News.  It is usually good for lots
of laughs.