HP3000-L Archives

July 2002, Week 3

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 July 2002 17:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] add/subtract

> Even better, buy a herd and do it and then go public.
>
> John Lee

An' add "tronics" to de name. Those city slickers always like sumpin'
wid "tronics" in it. Betcha I could call my bizness emptin honey buckets
Pumpatronics an go publik nex week. Hmmmm, might do that too....... [...]40_18Jul200208:10:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:15:21 -0400
>   ... For nearly
>   thirty years these conspirators have kept the people quarreling
>   over less important matters while they have pursued with
>   unrelenting zeal their one central purpose...
Is this why companies advertise on TV?

Marx got it wrong: media are the opiates of the people. Neil Postman got it
right. We are "Amusing Ourselves to Death". Giving credit where credit is
due, he likened our state to being less like Orwell's "1984", and more like
Huxley's "Brave New World" http://www.huxley.net/bnw/.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com